7.31.2011

Overload | Laura

The day began at 4am for me. I awoke with such anticipation for the sights to be seen and photos to be made. We were on the road from Phoenix to Sedona before any of the coffee shops were open on my Google Places app. 

We stopped by Montezuma's Castle outside of Phoenix as a fun reward for getting on the road so early.  (Thanks for the suggestion Dawn!) It was truly a sight to see... photos to come.

We toodled along the way to Sedona and were there at 10:30. Pats on the back are in order for making great time! We ate a picnic under the Red Rocks to fortify us for shopping.  Following the advice of a local we zigged when the signs said to zag which lead us to an artsy vintage store that I just want to hug. Yes, you heard right. I want to hug a store. When you see the photos, you'll wanna hug it too.

Still making decent time, off we go through Oak Creek Canyon... oh and did I mention that we ran into a MINI gang on the way up??!!! *squeal!  I love my MINI Cooper so much! I had to restrain myself from making little vroom-vroom sounds as we zipped around the corners so I could feel a little like I was taking Leon (I call my MINI Leon) up and down the hairpin turns.

As we neared the Grand Canyon it became increasingly clear that we either were not making such great time any longer ooorrrr it was farther than we had anticipated.  This was compounded when my camera and I arrived at the Grand Canyon.  We made all the posturings of a pair of travelers serious about getting back on the road only to emerge hours later. How did that happen?!

I would love to share the real photos of our day, but, we are still driving. Going on 14 hours of crammed sightseeing of some of the most beautiful country.  But without WiFi I am at a loss.

Stay tuned for a selection of pictures of the more than 900 taken yesterday on the way to Phoenix and the more than 1200 taken today. Oh and this is day #6 of the trip, so you do the math of the number of images taken since we left. In fact, I smell a contest:
If you are the closest guess in the comments on this blog of how many images I have taken from Tuesday up until midnight tonight I will give a signed print of the Grand Canyon (which may or may not have a rainbow in it, ahem.)

Still underway to Santa Fe. In search of food now.

Until I reach WiFi,

L


P.S. Mom, I haven't been bit by any rattlesnakes. Just FYI.

No comments:

Post a Comment