7.31.2011

Grand Canyon | Laura


It took longer than expected, storm clouds loomed and I hesitated to begin a journey that I knew would take MUCH more time than we had to spare in order to experience it properly. But hey, we're talking about the Grand Canyon!  So I set aside doubts and schedules as Anne drove us into the most spectacular sites I have ever seen.

On this day the atmosphere was thick with moisture and smog, but I think that adds a bit of interest to the photos. The storm that loomed provided a bit of reflection and spotlighting to the Canyon which made for stunning photographs. And then, it happened...  a rainbow appeared. It was just another small reminder that the things we fear/ dread/ resist the most in our lives are actually trying to open us up to wonders beyond our imagination.

That is the lesson that I am taking from my Grand Canyon tour.  The way through life often looks long and treacherous with storm clouds looming. But it is soooo worth it in the end! I will (and I encourage you to) run forward when feeling hesitant about the thing that you must do.

I think I'll print an over sized print of this photo of the Grand Canyon for my living room wall above my fireplace. I briefly thought about naming it 'Run Forward' in honor of my lesson learned, but that seems a bit too close to that anecdote that your mother always recited when warning you to be wary of peer pressure. Let me be clear when I say, I am not suggesting anyone jump off a cliff.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment