8.05.2011

Cross-Arkan-Ville | Laura


Ironically today started out with good coffee from a place with a round logo and green straws. Being a proponent of local coffee shops and small businesses, said coffee dispensary shall remain unnamed. I say ironically because I snored my way through the second half of Arkansas and most of Tennessee... even after my grande brew! I think my excite-o-meter is broken. It was a struggle for me to make images today. I saw amazing things whizzing by outside my window and didn't reach for my camera. The combination of sensory overload on the front end of the trip and the back end of the trip being roads that I know so well I could drive them blindfolded, (stop panicking Mom, it's a figure of speech) made today creatively rough. How do you look at something that you swear that you know like the back of your hand and see it in a new way? So I am posting images of what today felt like. So grab a frosty can of RC Cola (I missed photographing a rusty old Royal Crown sign at 65 mph- sorry! I would have loved sharing) and put on a dusty vinyl record, cause this feels like a blast from the past as I travel the roads of my old home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment